Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black Review

Another review! Yayyy! This one will be kind of short.  I've used this eyeliner a few times, and it's really convenient for when you don't want to whip out the angled liner brush and the gel liner and clean up after it. 

As seen in the photo, it has a super cute design.  Dolly Wink is a cosmetic line created by Gyaru-Icon Tsubasa Masuwaka.  This line also includes eyeshadows and false lashes.  She even has her own eyelash glue! I'm thinking of trying her false lashes... but the eyeshadow palettes are a little too expensive for me. From what I've heard they are pretty high quality. 


The tip appears to be made out of felt or some material like that.  The application is smooth and doesn't irritate my eyelids at all.  I've found that liquid eyeliners often irritate my eyelids and application is kinda painful.  This tip allows for all different widths for your eyeliner.  It's especially helpful for very thin application, which is characteristic of gyaru-style make-up.  

Here is a photo of me without any eye make-up

Please excuse my shitty phone camera... My normal camera is currently out of commission. 

Here is the finished product.  I'm wearing only eyeliner. I'd like to note that I didn't draw my bottom lid in with the Dolly Wink liner... I used my Urban Decay black pencil... To be honest, I don't like the way the Dolly Wink liner looks on my bottom lid.  It's not sharp at all, and after a little bit of tearing up, whatever was on my bottom lid washes away.  NO SMUDGE on the Dolly Wink eyeliner.  It's EXCELLENT for a clean-cut look.

The eyeliner claims that it is water proof.  It stays really well when I sweat, and I've also splashed my face with water and it tends to stay well if I don't try to rub it off.  However, if I use eye drops for my eyes, often times my bottom lid will fade away... which is why I don't bother lining my bottom lid with it anymore.  

PROS
  • Comfortable, smooth application
  • Cute packaging and design
  • Very intense
  • Long-lasting
CONS
  • Expensive.  I bought it for around $16 off Amazon.  It's not a bad price, but it's expensive for something I don't even use too often
  • Doesn't stay well on my lower lid, so I don't even bother with it anymore. 
OVERALL: ** (3/5)

I am overall, fairly pleased with this product.  It is very useful for on-the-go eyeliner touch-up... but it lasts so long that I never need to touch up at all.  It is expensive, and inaccessible.  You can get it on www.pinkyparadise.com or search for it on Amazon.com

NEXT UP! G&G/Dueba Diamond Blue Circle Lens (Review) 

No comments:

Post a Comment