Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask Review + New Goodies!

I officially suck at updating.  I meant to write this review last week right after my other mask review, but... I procrastinated until now.  I'm currently working the overnight shift at a dorm at my school, and I'm super bored.  So here we go.

First of all, I want to say that if you haven't tried any of Lush's Fresh Masks, I suggest you do.  My favorite one is definitely "Love Lettuce" which I can write a full review of the next time I pick one up.  This time around I wanted to try something different.  I'm not sure who, but someone suggested I try the BB Seaweed out, because it's helpful for moisturizing dry skin.  I LOVE Lush.  At some point, I'll probably be reviewing one of their shower jellies, so please look forward to that!


Lush is pretty cool, because if you bring in 5 black pots (their containers they use for many of their products) you get a free fresh mask! You can only get these masks at Lush counters or stores.  I usually purchase from Macy's Lush counters, but there's a full store at the Mall of America somewhere, which is where I picked up this mask.

As you can see, it is a pasty (more like clay-ey?) texture.  There are also solid grains of stuff in it... I'm not sure what it is, but it helps with exfoliating, and it feels super good.  With the BB Seaweed version of the mask, there are actual chunks of seaweed in there... you might find this kind of weird at first, but a lot of Lush's masks have things like that in it.  It's pretty interesting.

Here I am with it on my face (sorry for the poor picture quality).  As you can see it's kinda grainy.  The consistency is weird... There are solid chunks in it, but don't let that put you off! After leaving it on for about 10 minutes, I washed it off in the shower and pat dried my face after my shower.  My skin felt baby soft, and the scent is amazing!! It's a little messy though... and it feels weird at first.  It feels REALLY cold at first, it's almost shocking.  This is because you have to refrigerate it, otherwise it goes bad.  The shelf life of this product is pretty short, but it's a pretty small quantity of it.  One jar is about... 10+ uses for me.  I don't use much for every application, because when I have too much on, washing it off is a pain, and solid chunks don't dissolve very well in the water.

PROS
  • Softens skin 
  • Tones face
  • Feels cool
  • Smells amazing
  • Very unique
  • Pretty affordable (around $7 a jar)
CONS
  • Messy
  • Scary consistency if you're not used to it
  • Short shelf-life
OVERALL: * (4/5)

Personally, I really love this product.  It works, it smells great, and I really love Lush as a company.  I personally feel that they are a responsible company that is devoted to their products, animals, and the environment.  However, it is messy, and because it's organic, you can only keep a fresh face mask in the fridge for a max of three weeks.  I once kept mine in my fridge for 5, and it some mold grew in it.  It was gross.


  Sooo... I recently got a couple new products that I wanna brag about.  I'll be reviewing these in the future, but please be patient.  I like to use these things for a while before I pass judgement on them.  


First of all, I got the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in "Deep Black" It's so super cuteee!
I'll probably be reviewing this next because I've had it for a few weeks now, but I was super duper excited about it! :)

I also got the Skin 79 BB Cream mini set! It has four different BB Creams included in mini sizes.  I'll be reviewing each BB Cream individually, so please look out for those!


The seller was even nice enough to include 3 packets of the two most popular BB Creams! I'm pretty excited! 

NEXT UP FROM YVONNE! Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

No comments:

Post a Comment